Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jalan Jalan Cari Makan in Ipoh

Since it was a long Wesak Day holiday weekend, we decided to take our kids out on a cheap but interesting outing..just driving and stopping wherever they feel like snacking. First stop..The Secret Recipe. We were among the early customer arriving just when they were just opened for business. We just ordered 1 piece of marble cheese and 1 piece of yogurt cheese cake for the 4 of them to share. Well we need to cultivate the "Learning To SHare" advice by Elmo in Cartoon Network. Then they should also appreciate that money dont fall from sky. A piece of cake cost RM5 each and not every kid is lucky enough to enjoy the luxury. So here you see one pice of cake to be shared by two siblings (not that mom and dad is kedekut, OK...after all they just had their breakfast at 9am) When we arrive , the staff were loading the fresh cakes from their "cool" van. Singing along the way i the car..As I walk along I wonder...Yai Yai Yai Yai Yai I wonder... Then we stopped at the whole saler shop for goodies, sweets and munchies. The twins chose their goodies for party packs for their birthday on 21 May 2008. Mommy planning to pack her own party pack for the twins(turning 9 on May21) and Juliana (Turning 4 on June10)to take to class and share with classmates. Then we proceeded our JalanJalan cari makan excursion to the Ever Famous Funny MOUNTAIN soya bean drink stall. Our orders included "Michael Jackson Black & White (Soya & Leong Fun), and Pak Pak (White White: Soya & Tau Fu Fah). As it was a public holiday and long weekend holiday, we saw many outstation cars stopping by the road side to wait their turn with to order their favourite choice of drink. Many pedestrians stopped and crowded the tiny little stall, too. Those who dont wanna wait, call them first and check if the stall is even open for business. Here's the guy's number:
+60125161607

4 comments:

LHS said...

i love your family so much, and this is my dream family too that has boys and girls. :)

Lee said...

Hi Renet, just a stranger dropping by.
Love your blog and music.
Wow, you have four lovely kids. They're really cute, Love the pic of your boy feeding his sister. Good pic that, well taken...makes the heart feel warm looking at it.
I too love Ipoh wayyyy back working days, but Penang was my ahemm, playground.
Oh, seeing your lovely kids, reminds me...if you have time, pop over and have a look at my three postings ago, "Bringing up Audrey".
You stay easy and have a great week, Renet, Lee.
ps, I bet you play the piano, huh?

Physiomom said...

Hui Sia,
Just keep visualising what u really want and your powerful mind with the power of universe will make your dream come true. That's what i learn frm Mind Science. My hubbywnated to stop at the twin boys but i strive my way and do all i knw to conceive a girl. The youngest is a God's bonus to keep the first girl company.

Lee,
Thnks for popping by. Your story about Vincent is very touching.
BTW, i love relaxation music and sentimental piano but I cant play..not a musician.

Lee said...

Hi Renet, glad have you drop by my place. I love piano music...and when I decided to get married, ha ha, I checked out the SYT's (sweet young things) resume for those who could play the piano. There were a few, talented at piano, but not cooking. And as eating Magge mee or tin foods not my liking, I found a lovely girl who can't play the piano, but loves country and western songs like me, and she sure can cook. She's now my wife past 35 years.
If you free, check out my archive, for some experiences....
1/ Uncle Lee, I need your advice, d/d 11/30/07
2/ My tears never dry for you, d/d 12/2/07.
3/ You are not my son, d/d 12/15/07
and lastly, "A Faded letter from the past", d/d 1/4/08.
This is or was the longest posting I ever did, 19 episodes, two episodes every few days, took three weeks to conclude.
It's about a beautiful Shanghainese, matured lady's love for a man half her age, me. (Conclusion titled, "Opening a Faded letter)
You keep well Renet, and have a good week, best regards, Lee.
ps, I'm retired, same age as Harrison Ford, or Indiana Jones, 65, ha ha. My pic in latest posting.